Now for the things I missed!
Here is the Alps that I flew over while transferring from Germany to Barcelona. I actually sat next to a young nerdy boy from Tennessee with quite the accent and had to explain to him that the Alps were famous because of Mont Blanc! He was silly and wore a great orange sweater. Oh UT...
These next two pictures are the views outside of our windows at the dorms. I live at the University Autonoma de Barcelona. It is about 30 minutes away from the city but it is quite peaceful and green! Actually, the neighborhoods around here are very gorgeous with pottery, balconies, and colorful houses. The middle class all live in the city in flats so the demographic around our school is quite wealthy. Even the Barcelona futbol players live by us!! Too bad they are in South Africa for the summer..
I did miss these pictures that goes along with the city. The architecture in the Plaza de Catalunya is wonderful. These buildings are ancient but still breathe-taking. Right outside this building was a mass of people. Something so great to experience was the traditional dance of the native Catalan.
Whenever someone in the streets plays music they will play the Catalan anthem that gets many of the elder to join hands and dance! It is a very patriotic and respected dance that if you do not know the steps you are to only watch. They do enjoy getting their pictures taken by tourists like me though! :)
Oh and this one is for Amanda, they even have them in Barcelona!!! yummy.. A little taste of last summer.




love your posts so far! keepp em coming
ReplyDeleteHow do you not bring a camera to Spain?!? Glad you are having fun! keep the blogging up1 LOVE IT and LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete